Sunday, August 16, 2015

Wrapping Up

Note from Chuck:  OK, I haven't posted  for a long time.  I'm going to post several recent, brief emails that Gabe has sent over the last month or so.  This will be the last post before Gabe comes home this Wednesday, August 19th!

First, just a reminder of homecoming plans.  Gabe will be speaking in 2 sacrament meetings, both next Sunday, August 23rd.

He will speak in our old ward, the Alpine 10th Ward, at 9:00 am.  The church address is 327 South Long Drive, Alpine, Utah.

He will speak in our new ward, the Highland 22 Ward, at 11:00 am.  The church address is 9621 North, 6050 West, Highland, Utah.

You're welcome to attend either or both services.  You are also welcome to stop by our house to visit afterwards.  Our address is 6075 West 9740 North, Highland, Utah.


Email from July 6:
Hey mom, dad, so guess what?....we got changes... so I am actually going back to Tierra Nueva again. I will be just a senior companion, which is what I want, haha, and my companion is Elder Martinez.  I have no idea who he is so I guess we will see tomorrow. But it's my last change.  I have 6! weeks left now, so times gonna go by fast. Just 6 weeks more. How are you guys doin? We have to clean a lot and pack up cause were changing houses here as well. So we got a lot of work. I miss you guys. I'll talk to you soon.

Email from July 13:
Thanks for praying.  It does get hard here. It's going good, though.  Apparently we don't have the same investigators (as when I was in this area before), Idk what happened to them all. Some of them moved. But we have a few that are progressing, so that's nice.  We had a few baptisms in the ward Saturday. But the thing is, before the baptism apparently the bishop and some other men from the church gave the younger boy that got baptized the priesthood and we found out yesterday morning. So we talked to the bishop to see if that is correct. It's not, right?  You have to be a member to receive the priesthood, right? Anyways, it was really strange. Hows your work going?

Email from July 27:
My companion is from Veracruz. We teach really well together. We actually just set 4 baptism dates so we're pretty excited, but I'm not sure if I will be here or not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment