Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Early Christmas Present!!!

Gabe got some great news last week - he finally has his visa to go to Mexico!  For reasons I don't understand, he had to fly to Boise with a bunch of other missionaries and go to the Mexican consulate there to get the visa.  Here is his story:

Hey! So I Got the Visa! I leave to Mexico Jan. 6! I am so excited!!! I flew out there (to Boise) Wednesday and we were supposed to come back in the evening, but our plane had electric issues and they couldn't get it fixed and it was the last flight back so we stayed over night at a hotel with a few other elders and sisters. They paid for us. And gave us money. It was fun. These elders and sisters came from the MTC. They had to go back but they were all excited lol. They tried to preach a lot in the airport. It didn't go well. They need more practice. I'll tell you guys about that later but we woke up, got ready and our flight was scheduled to leave at 1:00 but the Salt Lake Airport was closed. The runways were all ice and lots of snow so we waited forever and eventually made it home at 6:00. So yea, it was crazy but the plane ride was bumpy and scary and it was so hard to land. The man said everyone clapped when we landed cause it was so scary. Also it was all foggy. We couldn't see. But they have all the instrument stuff to help but still it was a bumpy ride. Pretty sketchy. But I made it. We were close to staying another night. But we had fun. I can't wait to call you all at 2! Christmas!

Elder Castleton

No comments:

Post a Comment