Saturday, June 14, 2014

Fasting in the Heat

So this week has been pretty good. Lots of work. It is sooooo hot here. It's in the 100's!!!  We fasted Saturday and Sunday, well, until lunch and I'm not gonna lie, it was hard. But not as hard as I thought it was gonna be. It was 104 yesterday and Saturday was 97. We were walking in the middle of nowhere and it  got pretty bad. We sang himnos and kept praying for strength. I fasted for dad. 

The members give us lots of ice cream but it's different. It's like ice cream on a stick. It's soo good. They say it doesn’t exist in the United States, only in Juarez. One tasted like cake frosting mixed with raspberry. It was sooo good! Our neighor gives us them.  She's awesome.

I've noticed there aren’t really many brown people here. I'm pretty brown here now.  I'm more brown than most people in our ward. They're all white, haha.  Like some would look like Suzy or you, Mom, or Eva. It's crazy. They say the border here its lots of tall Hispanics and they're white and more south they're brown, hahaha. 

Sometimes I think that its all about baptising but that's not all why I'm here. I have seen how the Lord works with everyone and it gives me a testimony builder. Also, there are so many less active members in Mexico.  President Oaks said it but I can't remember the exact percentage, but more than half the members in Mexico are less active. There is lots of reactivating.  I have seen lots of things on my mission already,  how the church is.  It really makes me know and understand that this is really the only way back and the only true church. I've met hundreds and hundreds of people in like 4 or 5 months I've been here. It's crazy. I know that God is real and exists. I know that there are angels here and people awesome as the 3 Nephites.  I'll share those stories when I get home. :)  I am just so grateful to be a member of this church. I keep praying for everyone at home. We are getting closer to having a baptism but its just a tithing problem for this guy, haha. Can I help in any way for you guys? I love you all. I hope you have an awesome week!

Love,
Elder Castleton

No comments:

Post a Comment