Sunday, February 15, 2015

Hey!

Hey, everybody!  Sorry I haven’t written.  It's been crazy busy here. I didn’t have any time yesterday, either.  I don’t have much time now, either, but just wanted to say hi and see how everybody’s doing.  I would write in Spanish but the translate does it a little wrong.  Also, mom, hahahaha, viejo is kinda bad here, haha, just a heads up, hahaha.  But it's all good.  I got a good laugh.  Elder is just Elder here. (Note from Chuck - Kathy tried to write to Gabe in Spanish using the Google translator.  Apparently it was an amusing translation.)

Were having some problems with Valeria and her baptism date.  She didn't come Sunday to church.  She told us she was ready but her husband took her to the mass of the Catholic church.  She really wants to go and continue, but her husband doesn’t give her support.  He likes the Catholic church better.  We haven’t talked to him.  He's always busy and he's never there when we're there, just her sons. 

We're working better with the youth as well here, helping them get a testimony of Joseph Smith.  Also so they can help us and teach and invite their friends to church as well.  Any ideas of activities for youth?  I know it's hard cause it's a big difference between here and there of what youth do.  They don't like to do anything here.  There's not a relationship between them.  It's like "OK, whatever".  We brought a boy with us yesterday to teach and he hated it.  He was like "I wanna go home, I'm tired" and complaining the whole time.  I just felt like aww, man, bummer.  We talked to him and stuff, what he likes to do and stuff, but nope, he just wanted to go play video games.  He shook the hand of our investigator but like pulled away fast, and she said  "Are you angry or something?" and he didn’t respond so I just said ''Oh, nah, he's just a little shy''.  But he didn’t even care (the boy).  I was like "OK, you can go home, but you're walkin home alone, or you can come with us to a few more visits and we will take you home."  But no, he wanted out, so I'm like "OK, your salvation", haha.  I was like wowww...... dang, our future generation.......we need help with things to do cause the youth don’t like anything with church.  ideas?.....

Well, I love you all, and thanks for the brownies and cookies.  My district about died, haha.  One new elder, he's brand new, loved them.  He's from South Carolina and he's like "Ahhh, the United States", haha.  It felt good  to eat real brownies from home. Here they don’t exist, just in packaged stuff, but they're gross. Haha, well I hope you all have a great week!  Love you all!
 
Bye! 
 
Elder Castleton

No comments:

Post a Comment