Monday, March 31, 2014

Got Sick ( had to see doctor)

Hello everybody,


This past week has been a great week. We have found new people to teach. Thanks Jeremy, Mom and Dad for helping me with those things and what to say.  The reason I asked is cause the people here just won't listen to you or what you say if you don't give a reason. It's like us, if someone said you Mormons are wrong, well, it would hurt but we would say "How would you know?" We would try and help them, right? Well we have proof but everything we have almost they have to fight and defend. I don't like it. So I'm always testifying and they say i don't care, you can't prove it, so you must be wrong.  I can't do anything without proving myself. My companion is really good cause he knows the Bible as if it was his own child. We don't Bible bash them in a bad or mean way. We're nice and we explain it in a sincere manner.  We had to leave a couple investigators because they just would not listen to us. They had their own thoughts and we let them go. Also we met a guy and were teaching him until he said "I can't get to sleep with out killing someone", so yea, we let him go right there. So its been hard and annoying sometimes. I am really turning to God for help. Our ward is helping a little. We are teaching the importance of the work of salvation.  We have ward missionaries and they are a big help. There are 5 girls and one guy. He's preparing to leave on a mission. His name is Noe, which is Noah. 

Speaking of Bible names I've noticed there are a lot of people here with Bible names.  My companion's name is Moroni!!!! Moroni Santiago, which is Moroni James, haha. 

It is getting hotter and hotter here. Dad, it might say 70 in El Paso but where I am there's no way. It's at least 90 something and walking all over in it is horrid. I know I'm gonna die in the summer. They call it at least two months of hell cause its a hottness thats is unbearable. Its really dry, too, which is wretched. And the winter supposedly is horrible, too, because it is soo dry and it does snow here, too. They don't have any problems like earthquakes or tornadoes. It's just the weather they say which is the worst. 

So a couple days ago I got sick!!! I had to go to the doctor to find out what it was. They think it was from food. I had everything, like everything from the D to throwing up. I threw up 11 times in 10 mins and I had a major head ache and the chills and my stomach killed and I couldn't walk. Everything was soo blurry. They said I had an infection. I still am sick right now as I am typing. It's hard walking. I'm dizzy a lot. I am drinking a lot of gatorade and other drinks to get my electrolytes up. And water. When I eat I throw it up. So I have some foods I can only eat. They gave me a lot of meds. Our mission leader is so nice. His name is, well we call him Hermano Beto and he and his family are so sweet.  He came by and brought me a bunch of drinks.  I fell asleep last night from 3 in the afternoon till this morning at about 11. My companion was like "Man, you was out dead!"  My companion has been the most patient, most nice, kind, helpful companion. He's been a great help to me. I am thankful for him. I have lost a lot of weight. I'm gonna come back skin and bones hahaha, nah jk. 

I pray for all of you family and friends. Time is short and there is much work to do. Let us keep working and finding those who need to hear the gospel. We know we're right down to the last spoon fulls of cookie dough ice cream until Jesus comes again. Let us be prepared and help others as well. Remember why we are here and how we need to help our fellow brethren and sisters.  But really, I never new how important this work is. I thought it is just like oh, yea, work. Like a job. But it's much much more than that. I testify that this is the work of God. We need to be the examples and be there for the people. We need to stay active and serve and bring others unto Christ like in Elder Holland's talk.  He needs someone to FEED HIS SHEEP. Let us go and feed his sheep. Let us be strong. FOR THE TIME IS SHORT HERE. For those of you, my friends and family, please stay active and find people. You will be blessed tremendously and if you are having a hard time look around and find someone that is in a worse situation. Good luck! Have a great week!! God Speed my friends! Let us not fail. 

Love,
Elder Castleton

No comments:

Post a Comment